A complex blend of pomegranate, wild figs and spice
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged - finished with a ribbon and our signature seal - before it leaves our studio.
ST. MARY MACKILLOP
Feast Day, 8 August
St. Mary Helen MacKillop was born 15 January 1842 Melbourne, Victoria Australia and died 8 August 1909.
At 18 she moved to Penola in South Australia to work as governess for a guaranteed income that she sent to her mother. There Mary met Father Julian Tenison Woods who shared her dream of educating the poor.
In 1866 they opened the first free Catholic School in Penola. One year later, Mary founded and became the leader of the first religious institute founded by an Australian - the congregation of the Sisters of St Joseph of the Sacred Heart.
Mary dedicated her life to teaching all children from isolated rural communities especially the poor and marginalised. During her life, she established schools and welfare institutions across Australia. Mary was canonised in 2010.
Mary’s life is an inspiration of a person’s strength in speech, courage to uphold her beliefs and above all, her deep faith in the will of God.
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Luxury candle in a unique gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Exotic Yet Fragrant
- Pomegranate, wild figs and spice.
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.