A blooming orchard of fresh mandarines and pink grapefruit.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in its amber vessel and lid is meticulously prepared before leaving our studio. Every candle is traditionally hand wrapped, pleating each fold of paper to create a fan at the top, and then securing it in tradition with our signature wax seal.
Saint Jude Thaddaeus
One of the original Twelve Apostles of Jesus, St. Jude, also called Thaddeus (a surname meaning ‘amiable or loving’) is known as the brother of St. James the Lesser. St. Jude was given the second name of Thaddeus possibly to distinguish him from Judas Iscariot. Tradition says St. Jude was the son of Mary of Cleophas who stood with Our Lady beneath the Cross and his father was the brother of St. Joseph and martyred after the death of Christ.
St. Jude’s one-chapter Epistle in the New Testament is considered to be marked with humility. Nowhere does he refer to himself as a cousin of Jesus Christ, but merely as his servant. It is said that St. Jude was martyred in Persia or Syria around 65 AD. His body was brought to St. Peter's Basilica in Rome where it remains today.
Prayer to St. Jude is finding faith to not give up hope when met with impossible circumstances.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Green Citrus
- Mandarine, Chamomile and Pink Grapefruit
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Premium grade phthalate free fragrant oils infused with essential oils
- Natural fibre waxed lead-free cotton wick
- Candle is captured in a glasshouse of amber and topped with a lid
- Amber jar dimensions: 63mm (w) x 80mm (h) without the lid.
- Net weight 310 g
- Handmade in Australia, in small batches
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.