A refreshing and uplifting fragrance inspired by the strength and will St. George displays throughout this legends. A fusion of lemongrass, citrus and ginger come together to create a soulful scent.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art. And so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged - then finished with a ribbon and our signature seal - before it leaves our studio.
On the front of each prayer card is a short prayer unlike others - on the other side is a brief re-count of the Saint. Stained glass windows were chosen for the artwork of each prayer card. Why? To give tribute to talented people and remind us of our own talents and what we are able to achieve because after all, stained glass windows are made simply of coloured glass joined together with led or copper foil and yet… their makers were able to achieve an awe and mystery with their many pieces of glass that they crafted together into a splendour of peaceful beauty.
A candle with a difference – a heart touching spiritual gift of faith that can be shared as an anniversary gift, as a wedding gift, baptismal, holy communion, confirmation, or memorial gift as well as a get well gift or to simply say ‘hello’.
There are many legends of this Saint’s life who has come to represent the triumph of right over cruelty and wickedness – and honoured as one of the most venerated saints and megalomartyrs in Christianity.
It is said, George was born in Cappadocia of noble Christian parents before the reign of Constantine. He became a soldier in Doicletian’s army and rose quickly in rank to became a member of the imperial guard.
In 303 AD, when Diocletian decreed Christians be persecuted - George protested. He rebuked the emperor and when George refused to recant his Christian faith to worship Roman gods, he was imprisoned, tortured and sentenced to death.
One legend describes George being tortured in hideous ways over seven years yet no one of these attempts killed him as his wounds were healed in the night by Christ. Eventually, he was beheaded. It is said that over the course of his martyrdom, thousands of pagans converted to Christianity including Empress Alexandra.
About This Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Unique spiritual candle in an elegant gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Lemongrass, Fresh Citrus and Ginger
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.