A refreshing and uplifting fragrance inspired by the strength and will St George displays throughout this legends. A fusion of lemongrass, citrus and ginger come together to create a soulful scent.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art. And so, each candle in its amber vessel and lid is meticulously prepared before leaving our studio. Every candle is traditionally hand wrapped, pleating each fold of paper to create a fan at the top, and then securing it in tradition with our signature wax seal.
There are many legends of this Saint’s life who has come to represent the triumph of right over cruelty and wickedness – and honoured as one of the most venerated saints and megalomartyrs in Christianity.
It is said, George was born in Cappadocia of noble Christian parents before the reign of Constantine. He became a soldier in Doicletian’s army and rose quickly in rank to became a member of the imperial guard.
In 303 AD, when Diocletian decreed Christians be persecuted - George protested. He rebuked the emperor and when George refused to recant his Christian faith to worship Roman gods, he was imprisoned, tortured and sentenced to death.
One legend describes George being tortured in hideous ways over seven years yet no one of these attempts killed him as his wounds were healed in the night by Christ. Eventually, he was beheaded. It is said that over the course of his martyrdom, thousands of pagans converted to Christianity including Empress Alexandra.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Lemongrass, Fresh Citrus and Ginger
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Premium grade phthalate free fragrant oils infused with essential oils
- Natural fibre waxed lead-free cotton wick
- Candle is captured in a glasshouse of amber and topped with a lid
- Amber jar dimensions: 63mm (w) x 80mm (h) without the lid.
- Net weight 310 g
- Handmade in Australia, in small batches
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.