A boutique collection of rose petals.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in its amber vessel and lid is meticulously prepared before leaving our studio. Every candle is traditionally hand wrapped, pleating each fold of paper to create a fan at the top, and then securing it in tradition with our signature wax seal.
Saint Thérèse Of Lisieux
Saint Thérèse, born January 2, 1873 became a Carmelite nun at 16 years old and died at 24 from Tuberculosis.
Her popularity is largely a result of her epistolary essays published in 1898 under the title ‘Story of a Soul’ where she offers a simple narrative of her life and thoughts built on love, selflessness and faith.
"At the beginning of my spiritual life-- between the ages of thirteen and fourteen”, wrote Therese, “I often wondered what greater knowledge of perfection could come to me later on, for I thought it impossible to acquire a better understanding of it than I then had. (Oh, the thirteens and the fourteens--they know it all!) It was not long, however, before I learned that in this matter the more one advances, the farther one seems from the goal, and now I am not only resigned to seeing myself always imperfect, but the thought of it even affords me joy."
It is the simplicity of Thérèse that people relate to. Her dark moments, her anxieties, questions of faith and even talk of her life problems and pressures – all overcome by her deep faith in God.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Elegant and Floral
- Selection of Roses
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Premium grade phthalate free fragrant oils infused with essential oils
- Natural fibre waxed lead-free cotton wick
- Candle is captured in a glasshouse of amber and topped with a lid
- Amber jar dimensions: 63mm (w) x 80mm (h) without the lid.
- Net weight 310 g
- Handmade in Australia, in small batches
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.
All our printing and candles are Australian made. If there is a candle you would like but without the scent, please let us know and we will make it for you.