Inspired by the church gardens of Gheel, this scent will give rise to memories of taking a midnight stroll in a peaceful garden of flowering Jasmine, Orange Blossom and Musk. A delicate trance, a reminder that I am part of a larger existence.
Patron Saint of Mental or Emotional Distress and Sexually Abused
Little is known of St Dymphna. Her story was recorded in the 13th century from oral tradition. What we do know is that she was born in Ireland in the 7th century. Her father Damon, was a pagan Irish King and her mother of remarkable beauty, was a Christian. When Dymphna’s mother died, her father who had loved his wife deeply began to suffer rapid deterioration of his mental stability.
Damon was persuaded to remarry. Unable to find a woman who resembled his deceased wife, his advisors encouraged him to pursue his daughter who bore a strong resemblance to her mother. When Dymphna learned of her father’s intentions, she fled with her confessor Fr. Gerebernus and two servants.
Damon traced them to Gheel in Belgium where he gave orders to kill the priest who scolded him for his proposals. Damon again pleaded with Dymphna to return to Ireland with him but she refused. Enraged Damon drew his sword and beheaded her. She was only 15 years old.
Today at Gheel, is a church dedicated to Dymphna where many miracles have since taken place.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Jasmine, Orange Blossom and Musk.
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Premium grade phthalate free fragrance oils infused with essential oils
- Natural fibre waxed lead-free cotton wick
- Candle is captured in a glasshouse of amber and topped with a lid
- Amber vessel dimensions: 63mm (w) x 80mm (h) without the lid.
- Net weight 310 g
- Handmade in Australia, in small batches
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.