A balanced blend of sandalwood, fresh bergamot and patchouli to be aromatic, curious and fresh.
Inspired by writings of the Book of Tobit, where Raphael travels alongside Tobit’s son, Tobias. This refreshing citrus candle celebrates fragrance notes like bergamot and patchouli layered into the grounding scent of sandalwood.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art. And so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged then, tied with a ribbon and finished off with our signature seal, before it leaves our studio.
ST. RAPHAEL, THE ARCHANGEL
Raphael, from the Hebrew rapha': to heal, and 'el: God, means "God heals," or the "Divine healer." In the apocryphal Old Testament (Hebrew Bible), Book of Tobit, Raphael travels with Tobit and his son Tobias under the assumed name and form of a young man named Azarias. At the end of his mission Raphael reveals himself as a divine healer not only of physical infirmities, the blindness of Tobias’s father but also of spiritual afflictions as in the case of Sara Tobias' wife.
Saint Raphael is considered patron saint of healing physical ailments and emotional distress and the oblind. He is also considered patron of happy meetings, nurses, physicians and travellers.
Among most Christians, Saint Raphael's feast day is kept on 29th September, along with that of Archangels Saint Michael and Saint Gabriel.
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Luxury candle in a unique gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia.
Fragrance and Key Notes
A balanced blend of sandalwood, fresh bergamot and patchouli to be aromatic, curious and fresh
- Sandalwood, Bergamot and Patchouli
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.