A blooming orchard of fresh mandarines and pink grapefruit.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged - finished with a ribbon and our signature seal - before it leaves our studio.
St. JUDE THADDAEUS
Patron of Hopeless Causes and of Despair
Feast Day, 28 October
One of the original Twelve Apostles of Jesus, St. Jude, also called Thaddeus (a surname meaning ‘amiable or loving’) is known as the brother of St. James the Lesser. St. Jude was given the second name of Thaddeus possibly to distinguish him from Judas Iscariot. Tradition says St. Jude was the son of Mary of Cleophas who stood with Our Lady beneath the Cross and his father was the brother of St. Joseph and martyred after the death of Christ.
St. Jude’s one-chapter Epistle in the New Testament is considered to be marked with humility. Nowhere does he refer to himself as a cousin of Jesus Christ, but merely as his servant. It is said that St. Jude was martyred in Persia or Syria around 65 AD. His body was brought to St. Peter's Basilica in Rome where it remains today.
Prayer to St. Jude is finding faith to not give up hope when met with impossible circumstances.
About this Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Luxury candle in a unique gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Green Citrus
- Mandarine, Chamomile and Pink Grapefruit
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.
All our printing and candles are Australian made. If there is a candle you would like but without the scent, please let us know and we will make it for you.