Like taking a midnight stroll in a flowering garden of Jasmine, Orange Blossom and Musk. A delicate scent that will not overpower the room but leave it with a fragrance of a flowering garden.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged - finished with a ribbon and our signature seal - before it leaves our studio.
Along with each candle is also a prayer card written and created by myself in today’s language to inspire hope for guidance.
On the front of each prayer card is a short prayer unlike others - on the other side is a brief re-count of the Saint. Stained glass windows were chosen for the artwork of each prayer card. Why? To give tribute to talented people and remind us of our own talents and what we are able to achieve because after all, stained glass windows are made simply of coloured glass joined together with led or copper foil and yet… their makers were able to achieve an awe and mystery with their many pieces of glass that they crafted together into a splendour of peaceful beauty.
A candle with a difference – a heart touching gift that can be shared as an anniversary gift, as a wedding gift, baptismal, holy communion, confirmation, or memorial gift as well as a get well gift or to simply say ‘hello’.
Little is known of St Dymphna. Her story was recorded in the 13th century from oral tradition. What we do know is that she was born in Ireland in the 7th century. Her father Damon, was a pagan Irish King and her mother of remarkable beauty, was a Christian. When Dymphna’s mother died, her father who had loved his wife deeply began to suffer rapid deterioration of his mental stability.
Damon was persuaded to remarry. Unable to find a woman who resembled his deceased wife, his advisors encouraged him to pursue his daughter who bore a strong resemblance to her mother. When Dymphna learned of her father’s intentions, she fled with her confessor Fr. Gerebernus and two servants.
Damon traced them to Gheel in Belgium where he gave orders to kill the priest who scolded him for his proposals. Damon again pleaded with Dymphna to return to Ireland with him but she refused. Enraged Damon drew his sword and beheaded her. She was only 15 years old.
Today at Gheel, is a church dedicated to Dymphna where many miracles have since taken place.
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Jasmine, Orange Blossom and Musk.
About This Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Luxury religious candle in a unique gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.