Every candle and its scent has been inspired by a soul search - here is a fragrance tribute of earth, water and air. A fragrance that is delicate and fresh. Built with top notes of wild coastal waters, long bush walks and heart notes that release an accord of eucalyptus and lavender and damp woody base notes of amber and white cedar.
Gift-giving is also an expression of art - and so, each candle in this decorated gold vessel is meticulously prepared and packaged - finished with a ribbon and our signature seal - before it leaves our studio.
On the front of each prayer card is a short prayer unlike others - on the other side is a brief re-count of the Saint. Stained glass windows were chosen for the artwork of each prayer card. Why? To give tribute to talented people and remind us of our own talents and what we are able to achieve because after all, stained glass windows are made simply of coloured glass joined together with led or copper foil and yet… their makers were able to achieve an awe and mystery with their many pieces of glass that they crafted together into a splendour of peaceful beauty.
A candle with a difference – a heart touching spiritual gift that can be shared as an anniversary gift, as a wedding gift, baptismal, holy communion, confirmation, or memorial gift as well as a get well gift or to simply say ‘hello’.
ST. GABRIEL, THE ARCHANGEL
Feast Day, 29 September
The name Gabriel seems to be composed of the Hebrew words, gebher: man, and 'el: God. It means Man of God, or Strength of God. Gabriel together with Michael and Raphael is given the title Saint in many Christian traditions. In Islam, Gabriel is venerated as one of the primary Archangels and as the Angel of Revelation.
Gabriel appears in the ancient Jewish writings the Book of Enoch and in the Old Testament Bible where he appears to the prophet Daniel to explain his visions (Daniel 8:15-26, 9:21-27). In the Book of Judges 13, Gabriel foretells the birth of Samson. In the New Testament Bible, Gospel of Luke, Gabriel goes to Zechariah to tell him his wife Elisabeth shall bear a son who shall be called John. In the same Gospel, Luke tells of an angel whom he calls Gabriel who visits Mary to announce her birth of Jesus. (Luke 1:26-37).
Gabriel is honoured as patron of messengers, those who undertake important missions, communication workers and postal workers.
About This Candle
- 100% Soy Wax
- Double Wicks - natural lead-free cotton
- Unique spiritual candle in an elegant gold decorated glass vessel
- Handmade in small batches in Sydney, Australia
Fragrance and Key Notes
- Fresh Salty Waters Washing Against A Forgotten Forest
- Lavender, Eucalyptus, Lemon, Amber and White Cedar
- Each Rita Palma candle is hand-poured with each fragrance being crafted in-house and with as much effort and care possible to ensure consistency.
- Trim the candle wick to 9mm each time before burning.
- Allow the candle wax to fully melt all the way to the edge of the jar. This will help you achieve a consistent burn for the duration of your candles life.
- Limit the burn time of your candle to 3-4 hours.
- Never leave a candle unattended.
- Burn the candle in a well-ventilated room.
- Place your candle on a flat, heat resistant surface.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts vents, fans or air currents, children and pets.
- Keep the wax pool clear of wick trimmings, matches and debris at all times.
- Candles are sensitive to both temperature and light. Try to store your candles in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
- Candle jars can be re-used for decor. After you have finished burning your candle,, remove any excess wax and clean the jar with warm soapy water.